Boca Raton Resort and Club
501 E. Camino Real
Boca Raton, Florida 33432
General Convention kicks off Thursday, June 25, with the Welcome Dinner and Parade of Flags at 7 p.m. If you are a chapter or alumnae association delegate or a member of Official Family, your arrival time will be emailed to you once registration opens in March. Check out the abbreviated agenda for more information on what’s happening during General Convention!
Kappa makes all hotel arrangements. Rooms are assigned by the General Convention team. Everyone will share a room with a Kappa sister. However, a limited number of single rooms will be available for an additional fee.
Rooming assignments are based on arrival and departure dates, initiation year and position held. Delegates will room with delegates, advisers with advisers, House Board members with House Board members, etc.
All rooms are nonsmoking.
Hotel rooms are only reserved through registration packages and Kappa Headquarters.
All incidental charges will require a credit card payment.
Check-In: 3 p.m.
Checkout: 12 p.m.
Self-parking at the hotel is available but follows strict security guidelines. At the time of registration, anyone parking on-site must give their name and arrival date, which will be provided to the hotel guard gate for entrance.
Please be sure to check in at both the hotel and Kappa registration desks. The Kappa registration desk will be located in the Mizner Center Registration South.
If you choose to make purchases and charge them to your room, please note you will be required to provide a credit card at the hotel front desk and a daily deposit.
After checking in, please let the bellman know if you need assistance with your baggage. The customary tip is at least $1 per bag if the bellman assists you to your room.
Each guest room is equipped with a hairdryer, iron and ironing board. The hotel offers complimentary wireless internet in guest rooms.
We urge you not to bring valuables to the hotel. However, there is a safe in each room.
- A link to an online travel request form, and Travel Edge, Kappa’s official travel agency, will be available during registration. Any participant wishing to take advantage of the complimentary shuttles to and from the airport and hotel on the main arrival and departure dates should use this link for easy travel arrangements.
- Once a participant has registered for General Convention, airline reservations should be made as soon as possible. The deadline to submit travel requests is May 1.
- When making reservations with Travel Edge, you will need to choose the capacity in which you are attending General Convention (e.g., Official Family, delegate, nonvoting member, adviser, House Board member, etc.).
- Participants whose transportation costs are paid by Kappa must make their travel arrangements through Kappa’s official travel agency, Travel Edge. Travel requests must be submitted by May 1.
- If a reservation is made by means other than Travel Edge, the participant will not be reimbursed for the airfare.
- Per Kappa policies, participants whose transportation costs are paid by Kappa will be reimbursed for the cost (if any) of one standard checked bag. Additional baggage fees will be the participant’s responsibility. Reimbursement forms will be made available.
- Kappa pays the lowest applicable airfare from the participant’s home city to General Convention. Any stopover or deviation will be at the participant’s expense.
- Any changes to the purchased airline ticket are at the expense of the participant.
Delegates who live within a 250-mile radius of Boca Raton are expected to drive to General Convention. In addition, all attendees are encouraged to carpool.
Delegates driving to General Convention will receive a reimbursement equal to the lowest round-trip airfare from the major airport nearest their home city or based on mileage at 40 cents per mile — whichever is lower. This amount will apply regardless of the actual airfare. For example, if the super-saver fare is the lowest, this is the amount the delegate will receive whether or not super-saver seats were available at the time of registration.
If Kappa pays for your transportation and you are a driver, you will be reimbursed for the cost of parking at the hotel at the lowest available rate. Valet parking will not be reimbursed.
Travel Request Form
To request travel to the 2020 General Convention, attendees must complete the separate online form that will be available during registration. An agent will contact you within two weeks of receiving your travel request. If you have not heard from someone after two weeks, please contact Travel Edge by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 800-533-6336.
Chapter delegates, advisers, alumnae association delegates and House Board representatives attending the pre-Convention training day must note that on the online travel request form.Individuals will be responsible for any additional expenses related to submitting their requests after May 1 or any changes made to their airline tickets. This includes Official Family, advisers, chapter delegates and alumnae association delegates.
Kappa’s Official Travel Agency
Kappa’s official travel agency is Travel Edge. Any participant whose travel arrangements were made by Travel Edge can contact an agent at 800-533-6336 or email@example.com with questions regarding airline reservations.
Confirm Your Flight
Travel Edge recommends that all participants contact their airline directly at least 24 hours prior to the time of departure. Check the Transportation Security Administration website (www.tsa.gov) for carry-on baggage restrictions.
If you booked your travel through Travel Edge, there is a complimentary shuttle service from the Fort Lauderdale airport to and from the Boca Raton Resort. Gratuity is included. When you arrive at the airport, follow the signs to baggage claim. Local Kappas will be on-site to greet you. The Fort Lauderdale airport complimentary shuttle hours are Wednesday, June 24, from 3–6 p.m. and Thursday, June 25, from 12–6 p.m. Complimentary shuttles will run to the Fort Lauderdale airport on Sunday for departures.
If you did not book through Travel Edge, you are responsible for your ground transportation.